International Student Program
Dade Christian School was founded to provide a quality academic and Christian education for all interested students and families. Our admissions policies are adopted to conform to that purpose.
An international student is admitted into Dade Christian School on the basis of former record, references, and interview.
The following is a checklist of steps to be completed and documents to be submitted for the application process:
Step 1: Application
- Complete the application
- Pay the $25.00 non-refundable Application Fee
Before a child will be considered for admission to our school, the child must meet the following minimum screening standards on step 2; however, meeting such standards is not a guarantee of acceptance, but only one step in the admission process.
Step 2: Student Eligibility Requirements for Admission
- Student must display basic knowledge of the English language and grammar
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Student should not have been suspended, dismissed, or expelled from his/her previous schools (two years of records)
Step 3: Required Documents
- Copy of original birth certificate (translated in English and notarized)
- A recent student photo
- Copy of most recent report card
- Copy of most recent transcript (translated and evaluated)
- Current School Reference letters in English (these forms will be submitted via the Online Application
- Copy of biographical page of student’s valid passport
- Immunization Records (Immunization should be updated once the student is in the United States to fulfill the State of Florida requirements)
- Proof of Finances: bank/financial statements for the last 6 months
After the application has been completed, all documents have been reviewed, and the student has been approved, the school will contact the applicant for a possible Skype or phone interview.
Step 4: Before issuing the I-20 Visa, the student’s family must pay the following fees in full:
- Applicable Fees: Application, Registration, Books & Materials, Support (Please see rate schedule for the year of entry; these fees are only refundable if the visa is denied)
- Processing of I-20 Non-Refundable Fee: $3,000.00 – Includes the processing and issuance of the I-20
International Health Insurance is required and proof of insurance must be provided before the student leaves his/her home country.
For questions, please contact Danielle Quincoses, Admissions Director, at 305-822-7690 (ext. 8767), or email directly using the form below.